Search This Blog

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Red Poinsettia

I decided to do a painting of a red poinsettia. I wanted it to be 'larger than life'. It was not easy to get it just right but it came out nicely once it was finished. It was created in a class that I took with my father. He is gone but the memory of him and the class lives on.
I read that the way to get the poinsettia to have the colorful leaves is to regulate the time it spends in light and in dark. The normal color of the poinsettia is green with red stems. I have been growing one in my home for over a year and it is getting quite big. It is still green. It ads some color to my home and helps with the air.
The photo is from the Wikipedia page on the poinsettia (link above photo).


I have it in my Cafe Press TomLeeM store. I chose items that would good with the painting on them. I like my Cafe Press store since I can share my art without having to worry how to price each painting. Cafe Press - like other sites with the same idea - seems like a good way to raise money. They do the work and one gets a small share as earnings. The trick is to get people to visit the online store. It is one of the reasons I created the blog Big Artist Guy; also to share in art related items. 




My website that is about me and who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment