Search This Blog

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Yixing Tea Pots

I think yixing teapots are neat. I saw them in a catalog. Yixing - Wikipedia. I read that the yixing teapot need to wet every so often to keep them from drying out. I found that they come in different shapes and sizes. It is made from a certain clay and not baked hence the need to keep it wet every so often. 

'Yixing clay teapots (simplified Chinese宜兴traditional Chinese宜興pinyinYíxīngWade–GilesI-Hsing) (also called Purple Sand(Chinese: 紫砂; pinyin: zǐshā; Wade–Giles: tsu sha) are made from Yixing clay. This traditional style commonly used to brew tea originated in China, dating back to the 15th century, and are made from clay produced near Yixing in the eastern Chinese province of Jiangsu.'


The above and below are from the same photo in the catalog but the above is a close up of a few and the below is more like the photo in the catalog. I like the close up as well as the 'stacked' ones. It was fun creating them. I think it would be great for a tea room. 

I am amazed how many sites that sell the yixing teapots. One just has to Google it or Bing it (there are other search engines but i like these two best). The yixing teapots don't just come in the shape I painted but also others too. I like the simple design, easier to paint. 


I have them on my Cafe Press - TomLeeM store (one bottom one but not the top one yet). I chose things that I thought it would look good on.




No comments:

Post a Comment