Search This Blog

Monday, December 26, 2016

Purple Orchid

I saw a photo of a purple orchid. I thought it would make for a great painting. It took a while to get it just right. I think it came out well. It was not easy getting the right shade of purple and white and bits of yellow. I wanted the leaves to look green but not so they take away from the orchid. 

I liked the flower in the photo because of its rich purple color. I like doing paintings of flowers. I like making them bigger on the canvas than they are in life. There was an artist who made flowers in a big way, in a way that made the viewer seem small. It was like an insect or small animal perspective in viewing the flower. 


It is part of my Cafe Press TomLeeM store. I chose items that I thought it would look good on. 




No comments:

Post a Comment