Search This Blog

Friday, December 2, 2016

Dead Horse Mill

There was a photo in a calendar of a place called Dead Horse Mill. I think it was really nice. I did a painting of the place. It took awhile to get it just right. The difficult part was getting the water in stream to look like water flowing. I am still not quite satisfied with it but it looks good. 

It was created in an art class as part of the adult education program in East Windsor NJ. What made it great was that I took the class with my father. Each person in the class chose what he or she wanted to do a painting of and the teacher helped us create it on canvas. 

I found a site that has a photo of it. It is on Wikipedia
My painting was created using a photo that was from a slightly different angle. It was part of a calendar. 

I have it as part of my Cafe Press TomLeeM store. i chose items that it would look good on. 





No comments:

Post a Comment