Search This Blog

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Adult Education Art Classes?

When I lived in NJ, they had adult education classes at the local high school. There were a variety of subjects that was covered. It varied from school to school; some had classes that others did not. It was not limited to adults since there were also teenagers there too.

One class I took with my dad. He had been going to the class for awhile and I decided to join him. It was a lot of fun to do. The teacher - Eli - was a great instructor of art; all kinds of art; whatever one wanted to try (pencil, oil, acrylic, modern, traditional). We supplied our own art material; brushes, canvas, pencils, etc. It was not provided by the school; which meant it was cheaper and we could keep what we used.

It was time well spent since it meant time with Dad. We liked each others art and we challenged each other to do better and helped each other to do better. It is a fond memory of my dad since he has passed away many years ago. I still have most of his art.

It was also good to help others and be helped by others. We got together during the class and outside of the class. It was like a fellowship of artist.

I recommend going to these classes. It is both educational and entertaining. It is good to be exposed to other kinds of art and artists.


Here is one of the paintings that I created during the class. It was a lot of fun to create. There was times I stepped back and think 'did I really create that?'. There were times it took awhile for it to become what I had wanted and other times I changed my mind to what it would become. As one can see by the painting, I am more of a traditional artist. It is what I like to create.
I try different things. I don't just do landscapes but also flowers. I did create a portrait of a co-workers daughter. It came out well but the other portrait - covered up with another painting - did not come out so well (it was of my older sister but I would not have survived if she had seen it).


No comments:

Post a Comment